Membership has its Advantages...
Become a Member of APA Today!
We would like to invite you to join us as a member of the American Planning Association (APA). As society’s demands on our profession increase, the need for knowledgeable and creative planners to shape a vision for the future has never been greater. As a professional planner, APA is your organization. APA is the only organization that is dedicated exclusively to the planning profession. As a full member of the APA, you will receive all publications from APA, including Planning Magazine and digital newsletters from the Sacramento Valley Section. As a member, you can:
- Keep up with the latest planning and community development techniques Influence decision makers
- Network with other professionals Receive valuable products and services, such as books and insurance, at reduced rates
- Participate in reviewing and recommending positions on legislation
- Have the opportunity to join the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
Free Student and Reduced New Planner APAP Membership Dues!
Starting in July 2017, APA Student Membership will be free for any full- or part-time student actively matriculated in any university or college degree program for the duration of an individual's studies. "Free" includes APA (National), Chapter (State), and AICP memberships. After completing their studies, students can transition into a two-year program of low-cost, introductory dues. Visit www.planning.org/join/students for more information or contact
Sacramento Valley Section Events and Perts!
The Sacramento Valley Section provides many award-winning services, programs and events to our members…
- Professional development opportunities (Speaker Series, PLAN Sac Valley mentoring program, Young Planners Group, AICP exam prep sessions, Certification Maintenance (CM) credits, ethics program, student scholarships, Planning Commissioners training, etc.)
- Fun social and networking opportunities (walking tours, member’s appreciation events, holiday part, awards night, family events, etc.)
- Local, regional and state planning updates and information (Law & Legislation program, monthly Section newsletters, CA APA newsletter, etc.)
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for National APA Membership, click here and follow the links to get started. You can sign up online or download an application and mail it to the address on the form.
Chapter Only Membership Available
The APA California Chapter also provides the opportunity for anyone interested in California planning activities to join as a Chapter-Only member. Chapter-Only membership is a lower cost option but some restrictions apply. For more information click here to be redirected to the APA California Chapter website. We hope to see you soon at an APA CA or SVS APA meeting or event! If you need more information, please contact our Membership Director.