Sacramento Valley Section Overview
15+ Annual Events
Covering 21 Counties
Sacramento Valley APA is a section of the California Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA) providing professional development and other membership services to professional planners, Planning Commissioners, planning students, and those in related professions who are involved in community design and development. APA provides leadership in the creation of vital communities by advocating excellence in community planning and health, promoting education and citizen empowerment, and providing the tools and support necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change. The many benefits of sponsoring Sac Valley APA include:
- Access to award winning professional development programs that ensure professional excellence and offer AICP Certification Maintenance (CM) credits.
- Visibility and brand recognition opportunities with planning decision makers and planning professionals at all stages of their careers.
- Connections to multiple industry sectors and political/legislative leaders.
- Ability to highlight your organization by hosting the Sac Valley APA award winning Speaker Series, training sessions, or other events.
- Mentoring the next generation of planners.
- Attending Planning Commissioner trainings.
- Accessing the Planner Emeritus Network.
- And much more!
The California Chapter Sacramento Valley Section of the American Planning Association (APA) constitutes an organization of professional planners, planning commissioners, students, and those in related professions who support the planning process. Our resources and services are dedicated to:
Communication. Increasing awareness and involvement in community issues and the planning process, for both our membership and our community.
Education. Providing and contributing to public forums for teaching, exchanging information, and lending our professional experience regarding planning issues.
Advocacy. Implementing decision-making processes, based on sound planning and community development principles, to effectively resolve land use, natural resource, and development issues.
Professionalism. Training and guiding members according to the national APA standards of professional integrity and promoting membership in the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
Section Bylaws (September 2023)
Ever wondered what Board positions are available, how we vote for officers, etc.? The Section's Bylaws guide all Board actions regarding the operations of the Sacramento Valley Section.
The Sacramento Valley Section adopted an updated set of bylaws in September 2023.
Click this link to download the Section's by-laws.