The mission of PLAN Sac Valley is to provide the next generation of professional planners a dynamic and challenging one-on-one and group mentoring forum for personal and professional growth and advancement.
PLAN Sac Valley (Planning + Leadership + Advancement + Networking) is a dynamic and challenging one-on-one and group mentoring forum for personal and professional growth and development. The program matches planners (mentees) just starting their careers with established technical and policy planning professionals (mentors) that will share their invaluable knowledge and experience to help mentees:
- Build an extended network of peers and professionals that will serve as a valuable resource during and after the mentoring program.
- Develop new technical and professional skills and increase your knowledge of planning policy.
- Gain greater knowledge of the planning profession and how to position and market yourself for success.
- Learn how to navigate the complexities of the planning profession and how to interact with a variety of other related stakeholders and professions.
- Understand the resources available to increase your professional effectiveness.
The program curriculum addresses topics such as:
- The politics and nuances of public, private, and nonprofit sector planning
- Planning into the future
- Tips for your professional toolkit
- Résumé and interview skill building
- Discovering your strengths
- Planning for the next steps in your career
The 9-month PLAN program also integrates participants with other Sac Valley Section and Sac Valley Section Young Planner Group (YPG) events, including the holiday party and being recognized at the Section Awards Night program.
The 2016/2017 Class of mentors and mentees is now underway! Here is the 2016/2017 Class:
|Amy Yang, MintierHarnish||Steve Peterson, Dudek|
|Abby Jackson, LSA Associates, Inc.||Tricia Stevens, MIG, Inc.|
|Kim Danko, California Association of Councils of Governments||Julia Lave Johnston, Institute for Local Government|
|Jeffrey Graham, MintierHarnish||Erik de Kok, Ascent Environmental, Inc.|
|Yassaman Sarvian, CH2M||Joelle Inman, County of Sacramento|
|Jimmy Fong, Fehr & Peers||Robert Sherry, Retired|
|Christine Corrales, San Joaquin Council of Governments||Celia Yniguez, Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency|
|Desirae Nicole Stephens, County of Sacramento||Kathy Pease, City of Roseville|
|Jacob Buffenbarger, Caltrans||Dan Henderson, ESRI|
|Allison Holmstedt, Local Government Commission||Pam Johns, Michael Baker International|
|Lucy Rollins, ICF International||Elizabeth Boyd, Ascent Environmental, Inc.|
The mission of PLAN Sac Valley is to provide the next generation of professional planners a dynamic and challenging one-on-one and group mentoring forum for personal and professional growth and advancement. PLAN is dedicated to providing young planners new technical insight into planning and other related fields, professional development tips, leadership skills, networking strategies, exposure to community service, and so much more. Participants with PLAN Sac Valley gain a greater knowledge of the professional planning sphere and build an extended network of peers and mentors that serve as a priceless resource during and beyond the program experience.
View Our Past PLAN Sac Valley Classes here!