Become a Member of APA Today!
We would like to invite you to join us as a member of the American Planning Association (APA).
As society’s demands on our profession increase, the need for knowledgeable and creative planners to shape a vision for the future has never been greater. As a professional planner, APA is your organization. APA is the only organization that is dedicated exclusively to the planning profession. As a full member of the APA, you will receive all publications from APA, including Planning Magazine and digital newsletters from the Sacramento Valley Section.
As a member, you can:
- Keep up with the latest planning and community development techniques
- Influence decision makers
- Network with other professionals
- Receive valuable products and services, such as books and insurance, at reduced rates
- Participate in reviewing and recommending positions on legislation
- Have the opportunity to join the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
Sacramento Valley Section Events and Perks!
The Sacramento Valley Section provides many award-winning services, programs and events to our members…
- Professional development opportunities (Speaker Series, PLAN Sac Valley mentoring program, Young Planners Group, AICP exam prep sessions, Certification Maintenance (CM) credits, ethics program, student scholarships, Planning Commissioners training, etc.)
- Fun social and networking opportunities (walking tours, member’s appreciation events, holiday part, awards night, family events, etc.)
- Local, regional and state planning updates and information (Law & Legislation program, monthly Section newsletters, CA APA newsletter, etc.)
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for National APA Membership, click here and follow the links to get started. You can sign up online or download an application and mail it to the address on the form.
Pay Your Dues Monthly:
Did you know that as a National APA Member you can pay your dues monthly instead of in one lump annual sum? Called the Dues Installment Program, this is an excellent option for any member who would like to enjoy a low monthly dues payment. To find out how you can pay your dues on a monthly basis, click here to download the application form from the National APA website.
The APA California Chapter also provides the opportunity for anyone interested in California planning activities to join as a Chapter-Only member. Chapter-Only membership is a lower cost option but some restrictions apply. For more information click here to be redirected to the APA California Chapter website.